Set in a vibrant neighborhood in the heart of the Twin Cities, Augsburg College offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and nine graduate degrees to more than 4,000 students of diverse backgrounds. Guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, Augsburg educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. The trademark of an Augsburg education is direct, personal experience, which is supported by an engaged community committed to intentional diversity in its life and work. Augsburg is committed to excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, incorporating its urban and global settings into its education and campus life, practicing service to others, and the exploration of vocation as a means for students and employees to discern meaningful work.
Augsburg at a Glance
- Undergraduate: 2,687
- Graduate: 935
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Average Class Size: 13-17
- Number undergraduate majors: 75
- Domestic students: 73% White, 10% African-American, 7% Asian, 5% Hispanic, 2% American Indian/Alaskan Native, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, 3% Multiracial
- 2% international students
First-Year Student Profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 19 and 25. 94% of students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 492-598, SAT Reading: 492-580, SAT Writing: 460-593. 7% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.08
- Percentage from Minnesota: 82%
- Percentage who live on campus: 80%
- 2013-14 undergraduate tuition and fees: $33,154
- Room and board: $8,782
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: 98%
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America