.Set in a vibrant neighborhood in the heart of the Twin Cities, Augsburg College offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and nine graduate degrees to 4,000 students of diverse backgrounds. Guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, Augsburg educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. The trademark of an Augsburg education is direct, personal experience, which is supported by an engaged community committed to intentional diversity in its life and work. Augsburg is committed to excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, incorporating its urban and global settings into its education and campus life, practicing service to others, and the exploration of vocation as a means for students and employees to discern meaningful work.
Augsburg at a glance
- Undergraduate: 2,536 (including 674 in evening programs)
- Graduate: 875
Undergraduate student distribution
- Domestic students: 65% White, 13% African-American, 9% Asian, 9% Hispanic, 3% multiracial, 2% American Indian/Alaskan Native, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 2% of total undergraduate enrollment
- Student/faculty ratio: 15:1
- Average class size: 17 (day program)
- Number undergraduate majors: more than 50
First-year student profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 18 and 24. The mean score was 22.5 with 94% of students presenting the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: The middle 50% ranges were 492-598 for math, 492-580 for reading and 460-593 for writing; 7% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.25
- Percentage from Minnesota: 82%
- Percentage first-generation: 47%
- Percentage who live on campus: 84%
- 2015-16 undergraduate tuition and fees: $35,465
- Room and board: $9,380
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: 98%
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Use LinkedIn’s alumni tool* to explore what Augsburg graduates majored in and the types of careers they have and with which companies.
*based only on those who have accounts on LinkedIn