Bethany Lutheran College, founded in 1927, is a private, residential, liberal arts college offering a challenging, student-centered approach to education that fosters spiritual development, intellectual and creative growth, self-understanding and responsible citizenship. When you enroll at Bethany Lutheran College, your education will be strengthened and shaped by experiences you'll only find at a small college. Our close campus community allows you to form lasting connections with outstanding professors and lifelong friendships with fellow students. At Bethany, your education extends beyond the world of academics. You will receive an education rooted deeply in Christian values with a strong focus on spiritual growth and development.
Bethany Lutheran College at a Glance
- Undergraduate: 532
- Domestic students: 90% White, 3% Hispanic, 3% Black, 2% multiracial, 1% Asian, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 1% of total enrollment
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 20
- Number undergraduate majors: 19
First-Year Student Profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 20 and 26. 90% of first-year students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: 5% of first-year students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.33
- Percentage from Minnesota: 77%
- Percentage who live on campus: 89%
- 2014-15 undergraduate tuition and fees: $24,580
- Room and board: $7,770
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial-aid: 100%
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod