Known for its academic excellence, Bethel University has an overarching mission of graduating men and women whose academic preparation, spiritual maturity, and broad Christian vision give them exceptional potential for leadership and service. Bethel seeks to integrate faith and learning in all of its programs, challenging students to grow academically, socially, and spiritually in a distinctive Christian environment. Bethel has a strong academic program with supportive and expert faculty to prepare students for a successful career or graduate study. Outside the classroom, Bethel offers exciting campus activities, excellent music performance groups, championship varsity and intramural sports, and a wide variety of student clubs and organizations.
Bethel University at a Glance
- Undergraduate: 3,465
- Graduate: 995
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 18
- Number undergraduate majors: 61
87% White, 6% Black, 2% Hispanic, 3% Asian, <1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 2% multiracial
First-Year Student Profile
- Average ACT score: 25. The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 22 and 28. 95% of students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: Not reported. Less than 10% of new Bethel students took the SAT.
- High school GPA: 3.5
- Percentage from Minnesota: 73%
- Percentage who live on campus: 96%
- 2013-14 undergraduate tuition and fees: $31,760
- Room and board: $9,200
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial-aid: 99%
- Evangelical Christian