The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are nationally recognized liberal arts colleges distinguished by a singular, undergraduate experience. This partnership gives students the opportunities of a large university while retaining the close personal attention of a premier liberal arts college. The colleges are committed to global learning and connection — a commitment that extends to experiences inside and outside of the classroom. Nearly all students (96%) complete an internship, participate in undergraduate research, study abroad, or participate in community service. The campuses are located on more than 3,000 acres of woods, lakes, and prairie — providing students with unique opportunities for education and recreation. Through a four-year residential program, nearly all students live on campus.
College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University at a Glance
- Undergraduate: 2,020 (CSB), 1,789 (SJU)
- Graduate: 106 (SJU)
Undergraduate Student Distribution
- Domestic students:
- CSB: 85% White, 6% Asian, 5% Hispanic, 2% Black, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 1% multiracial <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- SJU: 86% White, 5% Hispanic, 3% Black, 3% Asian, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 1% multiracial, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 5% of undergraduate enrollment at CSB and 6% at SJU
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 20
- Number undergraduate majors: 37
First-Year Student Profile
- Average ACT score: CSB: Middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 23 and 28. 95% of first-year students presented the ACT as part of their applications. SJU: Middle 50% had ACT composite scores between 23 and 28. 89% of first-year students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: CSB: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 470-605, SAT Reading: 470-570, SAT Writing: 475-590. 7% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications. SJU: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 480-620, SAT Reading: 480-610, SAT Writing: 460-570. 15% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.35-3.90
- Percentage from Minnesota: 77%
- Percentage who live on campus: 100%
- 2014-15 undergraduate tuition and fees: CSB: $39,402 SJU: $38,704
- Room and board: CSB: $9,957, SJU $9,280
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: 94%
- Catholic Benedictine