At the tip of Lake Superior on the edge of northern Minnesota's wilderness, St. Scholastica is in the great college town of Duluth. The college's vibrant history is enriched by its Catholic Benedictine heritage. St. Scholastica offers nationally known programs in health sciences and professional career fields, and graduates over the past five years have enjoyed a 97% placement rate within six months of degree completion. The college also offers a Four-Year Pledge, guaranteeing that students who enter as first-year students will graduate within four years or subsequent years are free. Many people feel St. Scholastica's 186-acre campus, with its majestic stone buildings and view of Lake Superior, is the most beautiful in Minnesota. It offers a tranquil, yet stimulating setting for scholarship.
The College of St. Scholastica at a glance
- Undergraduate: 2,844 (including 947 in evening, weekend or online programs)
- Graduate: 1,516
Undergraduate student distribution
- Domestic students: 86% White, 4% Black, 3% Hispanic, 3% multiracial, 2% Asian, 2% American Indian/Alaska Native, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 3% of total undergraduate enrollment
- Student/faculty ratio: 14:1
- Average class size: 21
- Number undergraduate majors: 38
First-year student profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 21 and 27; 93% of students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: The middle 50% ranges were 490-630 for math, 540-590 for reading and 490-540 for writing; 5% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.51
- Percentage from Minnesota: 84%
- Percentage who live on campus: 90%
- 2015-16 undergraduate tuition and fees: $33,994
- Room and board: $8,932
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial-aid: 100%
Use LinkedIn’s alumni tool* to explore what St. Scholastica graduates majored in and the types of careers they have and with which companies.
*based only on those who have accounts on LinkedIn