When you attend Concordia University, St. Paul, you’re more than just a student. You’re a part of the Concordia family. Our students come from diverse backgrounds, faith traditions, and cultural heritage, but all are part of the Concordia community — where you’ll find a warm and welcoming place to grow academically, spiritually and personally. Concordia is a private university located in the heart of the College District of St. Paul. Our affiliation with The Lutheran-Church Missouri Synod and our Christian setting empowers you to discover and engage your purpose for life, career and service. Concordia delivers an educational experience that is responsive to the needs of our students, relevant to the demands of the job market, and provides real preparation for thoughtful living and dedicated service.
Concordia University at a glance
- Undergraduate: 2,420 (including 1,025 in evening, weekend or online programs)
- Graduate: 1,637
Undergraduate student distribution
- Domestic students: 76% White, 11% Black, 6% Asian, 3% Hispanic, 3% multiracial, 1% American Indian/Alaskan Native, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 3% of total undergraduate enrollment
- Student/faculty ratio: 15:1
- Average class size: 15
- Number undergraduate majors: 46
First-year student profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 18 and 24; 90% of students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- The middle 50% ranges were 530-610 for math, 490-610 for reading and 440-510 for writing; 2% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.12
- Percentage from Minnesota: 75%
- Percentage who live on campus: 65%
- 2015-16 undergraduate tuition and fees: $20,750
- Room and board: $8,300
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial-aid: 93%
Adult undergraduate tuition and fees: Varies by program; ranges from $395-$420 per credit
Graduate tuition and fees: Varies by program; ranges from $368-625 per credit
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod