Gustavus is an active campus — everyone is involved. Many students engage in research. Forty percent of students participate in fine arts. Gusties become leaders who know when to follow. For 46 years, Gustavus has hosted the annual Nobel Conference®, which brings to campus six prominent speakers and more than 7,000 attendees. There's a real feeling of community here and a respect that defines our culture. After Gustavus, our graduates (who nearly always graduate in four years) get great jobs — and quickly. We help our students — whatever their interests and strengths — find the pathways to make their lives count.
Gustavus Adolphus College at a Glance
- Undergraduate: 2,524
- Student/faculty ratio: 11:1
- Average class size: 15
- Number undergraduate majors: 73
- 87% White, 3% Black, 3% Hispanic, 5% Asian, 2% Multiracial, <1% American Indian/Alaska Native
First-Year Student Profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 23 and 29. 78% of students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 590-680, SAT Reading: 555-690. 11% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.7
- Percentage from Minnesota: 77%
- Percentage who live on campus: 99%
- 2013-14 undergraduate tuition and fees: $39,533
- Room and board: $9,050
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial-aid: 95%
- Lutheran (ELCA)