Gustavus is an active campus — everyone is involved. Many students engage in research. Forty percent of students participate in fine arts. Gusties become leaders who know when to follow. Last October, Gustavus hosted the 50th annual Nobel Conference® which brings to campus six prominent speakers and more than 7,000 attendees. There's a real feeling of community here and a respect that defines our culture. After Gustavus, our graduates (who nearly always graduate in four years) get great jobs — and quickly. We help our students — whatever their interests and strengths — find the pathways to make their lives count.
Gustavus Adolphus College at a glance
- Undergraduate: 2,456
- Domestic students: 87% White, 4% Asian, 4% multiracial, 3% Hispanic, 2% Black, <1% American Indian/Alaska Native, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 3% of total enrollment
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 15
- Number undergraduate majors: 72
First-year student profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 24 and 30; 78% of students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: The middle 50% ranges were 590-680 for math and 555-690 for reading; 11% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.7
- Percentage from Minnesota: 77%
- Percentage who live on campus: 99%
- 2015-16 undergraduate tuition and fees: $41,812
- Room and board: $9,176
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial-aid: 95%
- Lutheran (ELCA)