The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are nationally recognized liberal arts colleges distinguished by a singular, undergraduate experience. This partnership gives students the opportunities of a large university while retaining the close personal attention of a premier liberal arts college. The colleges are committed to global learning and connection — a commitment that extends to experiences inside and outside of the classroom. All students complete at least one experiential learning activity such as undergraduate research, internships, study abroad or community service. The campuses are located on more than 3,000 acres of woods, lakes and prairie — providing students with unique opportunities for education and recreation. Through a four-year residential program, nearly all students live on campus.
College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University at a glance
- Undergraduate: 1,943 (CSB), 1,742 (SJU)
- Graduate: 127 (SJU)
Undergraduate student distribution
- Domestic students:
- CSB: 83% White, 6% Asian, 6% Hispanic, 3% Black, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 1% multiracial <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- SJU: 85% White, 7% Hispanic, 3% Black, 3% Asian, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 1% multiracial, <1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 4% of undergraduate enrollment at CSB and 5% at SJU
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 19
- Number undergraduate majors: 36
First-year student profile
- Average ACT score:
- CSB: Middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 23 and 29. 94% of first-year students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- SJU: Middle 50% had ACT composite scores between 23 and 28. 89% of first-year students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score:
- CSB: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 480-610, SAT Reading: 520-610, SAT Writing: 490-630. 10% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- SJU: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 490-590, SAT Reading: 480-610, SAT Writing: 470-580. 14% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.34-3.91
- Percentage from Minnesota: 77%
- Percentage who live on campus: 100%
- 2015-16 undergraduate tuition and fees: CSB: $40,846, SJU: $40,226
- Room and board: CSB: $10,229, SJU: $9,604
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: 95%
*based only on those who have accounts on LinkedIn