The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are nationally recognized liberal arts colleges distinguished by a singular, undergraduate experience. This partnership gives students the opportunities of a large university while retaining the close personal attention of a premier liberal arts college. The colleges are committed to global learning and connection — a commitment that extends to experiences inside and outside of the classroom. Nearly all students (96%) complete an internship, participate in undergraduate research, study abroad, or participate in community service. The campuses are located on 3,500 acres of woods, lakes, and prairie — providing students with unique opportunities for education and recreation. Through a four-year residential program, nearly all students live on campus.
College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University at a Glance
- Undergraduate: 2,070 (CSB), 1,854 (SJU)
- Graduate: 129 (SJU)
- Student/faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 20
- Number undergraduate majors: 37
- CSB: 82% White, 2% Black, 4% Hispanic, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 6% Asian
- SJU: 88% White, 3% Black, 4% Hispanic, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 3% Asian
First-Year Student Profile
- Average ACT score: CSB: Middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 23 and 28. 92% of first-year students presented the ACT as part of their applications. SJU: Middle 50% had ACT composite scores between 22 and 29. 90% of first-year students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: CSB: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 510-645, SAT Reading: 505-635, SAT Writing: 520-650. 12% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications. SJU: Middle 50% ranges for SAT Math: 489-640, SAT Reading: 450-673, SAT Writing: 469-620. 13% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.39-3.92
- Percentage from Minnesota: 80%
- Percentage who live on campus: 100%
- 2013-14 undergraduate tuition and fees: CSB: $37,926 SJU: $37,162
- Room and board: CSB: $9,644, SJU $8,984
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: CSB: 93%, SJU: 93%
- Catholic Benedictine