At Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, students find in every classroom a relationship-driven, person-centered education. Professors and staff know students, and challenge and support them as they grow to meet and exceed their expectations. The opportunities for undergraduate, residential students are endless — from participating in a vibrant campus life to real-world experiences through internships, study abroad, labs, service trips, field research and conference presentations. Inside and outside of classrooms, students discover the truths in the world around them and the character within. As a Lasallian Catholic university welcoming all students, Saint Mary's mission is to awaken, nurture and empower students to ethical lives of leadership and service. Saint Mary’s enrolls 1,200 undergraduate students at the residential college in Winona and another 4,500 in the Schools of Graduate and Professional Programs based in Minneapolis. Saint Mary's offers respected and affordable programs that lead to bachelor's, bachelor's completion, master's, certificate, specialist and doctoral degrees.
Saint Mary's University at a glance
- Undergraduate: 1,758 (including 670 in bachelor completion program)
- Graduate: 4,173
Undergraduate student distribution
- Domestic students: 79% White, 9% Black, 7% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, 1% multiracial, excludes race/ethnicity unknown
- International students are 4% of total undergraduate enrollment
- Student/faculty ratio: 16:1
- Average class size: 17
- Number undergraduate majors: 57
First-year student profile
- Average ACT score: The middle 50% of enrolled students had ACT composite scores between 20 and 26; 92% of students presented the ACT as part of their applications.
- Average SAT score: The middle 50% ranges were 473-573 for math and 448-585 for reading; 10% of students submitted the SAT as part of their applications.
- High school GPA: 3.34
- Percentage from Minnesota: 47%
- Percentage who live on campus: 99%
- 2015-16 undergraduate tuition and fees: $31,335
- Room and board: $8,240
- Percentage first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: 99%
Use LinkedIn’s alumni tool* to explore what Saint Mary's graduates majored in and the types of careers they have and with which companies.
*based only on those who have accounts on LinkedIn