The onset of COVID-19 has led private colleges across Minnesota to send most students home and their faculty to shift to teaching online. With all that’s in turmoil, however, our member institutions remain as focused as always on how to best meet student needs.
Campuses’ COVID-19 responses
- Augsburg University
- Bethany Lutheran College
- Bethel University
- Carleton College
- College of Saint Benedict
- The College of St. Scholastica
- Concordia College
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- Hamline University
- Macalester College
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Saint John’s University
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- St. Catherine University
- St. Olaf College
- University of St. Thomas
Council events that have been canceled
- Counselors' Breakfast (April 22)
- College Access Breakfast (May 12)
- Minnesota Private College Week (June 22-26)
- Virtual options flagged as events impacted
Read updates about events planned for this spring and options for exploring college virtually.
- Resources for admitted students
Check out our colleges’ resources for admitted students to help them get ready.
- Reassuring high school students about transcripts and testing
Learn how our colleges’ holistic admissions approach helps them address concerns about pass-fail grading and AP/IB scores.
- State leaders mark college grads’ achievements
Watch video messages from the Gov. Walz and Lt. Gov. Flanagan to this year's college seniors
- Private colleges support students in face of COVID-19
Explore how our colleges remain focused on meeting student needs as they continue learning during the pandemic.
- The new normal of distance learning
Learn how professors at our colleges have shifted their classes and teaching methods to help students adjust to remote learning and stay engaged.