You’re looking for high quality employees and we can help. Our graduates come from 18 of the best private liberal arts colleges in Minnesota. We can connect you with great candidates for internships and job openings.
All our member intuitions use Handshake as their recruiting platform. Once you a create a free account and post your position in Handshake, you simply choose which colleges you would like to receive your posting. Also be sure to check out the Job and Internship Fair.
Why hire our students?
Here are four reasons why liberal arts graduates would make great additions to your organization.
Reason #1 – Transferable skills
Liberal arts graduates have ‘transferable’ skills that help them adapt quickly to new situations. Students receive a multi-disciplinary education, regardless of their major, and are equipped with skills applicable to all career paths. Examples of these skills include:
- critical thinking
- analytical problem-solving
- excellent communication
- ability to contribute to team environments
Reason #2 – Well-rounded knowledge
Our candidates have a well-rounded foundation of knowledge in a variety of areas as well as in-depth knowledge in their majors. And they are ‘life-long learners’ who want to continue learning and growing professionally throughout their careers.
Reason #3 – Learning beyond the classroom
Our students’ learning beyond the classroom gives them an edge. All campuses are actively engaged in community-based learning and international education. Examples include:
- Internships that provide ‘real-world’ experience and prepare interns for future careers. Internships benefit both interns and employers.
- Experiential or service-learning courses that require service in the community and build on the information learned in the classroom. Both the learner and the community benefit.
- Study abroad experiences that develop cultural competencies and prepare candidates to be effective in diverse and global workplaces.
Reason #4 – Interpersonal skills
Our graduates are confident and able to relate well to others. They leave school with leadership experience in student organizations, sports teams, theater productions and musical groups, making them flexible and prepared for a wide array of opportunities. Students and faculty come from a wide range of backgrounds.
Overview of our students
In 2020-21 our students accounted for 31 percent of the bachelor’s degrees awarded in the state and 46 percent of master's degrees. Over 54,000 students attend our 18 colleges and universities:
- 74 percent are undergraduates
- 68 percent are Minnesota residents
- 28 percent are students of color and Native American students
- 20 percent are first-generation
- 17 percent of new students are transfer students
- 59 percent are female
- 41 percent are male
- 26 percent are graduate students
Share of bachelor's degrees in Minnesota awarded by our institutions
- 48 percent of nursing degrees
- 45 percent of foreign language degrees
- 42 percent of history degrees
- 40 percent of physical science degrees
- 33 percent of biological science degrees
- 32 percent of business degrees
- 32 percent of math and statistics degrees
Share of master's degrees in Minnesota awarded by our institutions
- 100 percent of physician assistant degrees
- 57 percent of education degrees
- 57 percent of social work degrees
- 54 percent of business and management degrees
- 52 percent of computer/information sciences degrees
- 49 percent of nursing degrees
- 49 percent of public administration degrees