Through development and management of strategic partnerships and alliances, the Council’s Community Initiative works to strengthen connections between communities of color and our member institutions. The goals are to:
- increase college participation and success of students of color, in particular at our member institutions
- broaden the base of community partnerships and alliances within diverse populations
This work is pursued through external outreach, intercampus collaboration and philanthropic and corporate outreach.
- Partnering—building strategic community relationships with individual leaders, organizations, businesses, schools and other community entities.
- Visibility—Increasing awareness through sponsorships at events and targeted advertising in media outlets serving communities of color.
- Networking—having a physical or online presence at community forums, meetings, conferences and celebrations.
- Resource sharing—providing links to key student-serving organizations with which member institutions can partner.
Inter-campus collaboration and interaction
- Convening multicultural officers—drawing voices from member institutions to exchange program ideas, best practices and consider collaborative efforts.
- Supporting ongoing efforts—working with member institutions as they address racial justice and racial equity.
For more information contact Sunny Kase, director of community initiative, at 651-293-6809 or email@example.com.