More than 1,700 international undergraduate students study at our 17 colleges and universities. Our small and medium-sized campuses provide an excellent education in a variety of settings.
Why choose a private institution in Minnesota?
- Choice: Our 17 institutions offer a large variety of majors and degrees.
- Quality: Our schools provide high quality education. Students at our smaller residential campuses receive personal attention and have frequent contact with professors.
- Student life: Students have abundant opportunities to get involved in on- and off-campus activities and organizations.
- Location: Minnesota — known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes — has natural beauty, four distinct seasons and many recreational and cultural opportunities. Find out more about Minnesota at Explore Minnesota and Wikipedia.
- Economy: Minnesota is thriving. It is home to 5.7 million people (4 million in the Twin Cities area) and numerous Fortune 500 companies.
- People: Minnesotans are known for being friendly and welcoming. Students will also interact with people and cultures from around the world.
- Career: Students have a variety of internship and networking opportunities. The value of a degree from our 17 colleges and universities will help advance graduates’ careers.
International admission information
- Augsburg University
- Bethany Lutheran College
- Bethel University
- Carleton College
- College of Saint Benedict
- The College of St. Scholastica
- Concordia College, Moorhead
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- Hamline University
- Macalester College
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Saint John's University
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
- St. Catherine University
- St. Olaf College
- University of St. Thomas