Why hire our students?
Here are four reasons why liberal arts graduates would make great additions to your organization:
Liberal arts graduates have ‘transferable’ skills that help them adapt quickly to new situations. Examples of these skills include:
- critical thinking
- analytical problem-solving
- excellent communication
- ability to contribute to team environments
Our candidates have a well-rounded foundation of knowledge in a variety of areas as well as in-depth knowledge in their majors. And, they are ‘life-long learners’ who want to continue learning and growing professionally throughout their careers.
Our graduates are confident and able to relate well to others. They leave school with leadership experience in student organizations, sports teams, theater productions and musical groups, making them flexible and prepared for a wide array of opportunities.
Our students’ learning beyond the classroom gives them an edge. Examples include:
- Internships that provide ‘real-world’ experience and prepare interns for future careers. Internships benefit both interns and employers.
- Experiential or service-learning courses that require service in the community and build on the information learned in the classroom. Both the learner and the community benefit.
- Study abroad experiences that develop cultural competencies and prepare candidates to be effective in diverse and global work places.