Gifts for general operations are flexible resources beyond tuition that increase the ability of the colleges and universities to fund essential needs. Operating support helps our campuses:
- achieve a level of quality beyond what is possible from a dependence on tuition alone;
- implement initiatives that strengthen the strategic plan and mission;
- allocate resources to financial aid needed to ensure access for and retention of talented students regardless of financial circumstances;
- recruit and retain outstanding faculty;
- ensure a dynamic, challenging curriculum; and
- manage budget pressures and lessen tuition increases — especially in this challenging economic environment.
In addition, gifts for general operations provide institutions additional resources to address critical and essential needs like:
- ensuring up-to-date technology for classrooms, libraries, residence halls and offices;
- acquiring equipment for science labs and materials for library collections;
- providing opportunities for student involvement and service on campus and in the community;
- recruiting and retaining a diverse student population; and,
- operating active, effective career services offices.