Giving general operating support
Gifts for general operations are flexible resources beyond tuition that increase the ability of the colleges and universities to fund essential needs. Operating support helps our campuses:
- achieve a level of quality beyond what is possible from a dependence on tuition alone;
- implement initiatives that strengthen the strategic plan and mission;
- allocate resources to financial aid needed to ensure access for and retention of talented students regardless of financial circumstances;
- recruit and retain outstanding faculty;
- ensure a dynamic, challenging curriculum; and
- manage budget pressures and lessen tuition increases — especially in this challenging economic environment.
In addition, gifts for general operations provide institutions additional resources to address critical and essential needs like:
- ensuring up-to-date technology for classrooms, libraries, residence halls and offices;
- acquiring equipment for science labs and materials for library collections;
- providing opportunities for student involvement and service on campus and in the community;
- recruiting and retaining a diverse student population; and,
- operating active, effective career services offices.