Applications are not accepted for these scholarships. Awards are determined by financial aid officers at each college and university.
The Galileo Scholarship Fund was created to support students who:
- demonstrate financial need
- are studying the STEM disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- GPA 2.5 or higher
- Freshman or Sophomore preferred
Minnesota’s Private Colleges are proud that we award;
- 35 percent of the state’s math and statistics degrees
- 49 percent of all physical science degrees
- 44 percent of all nursing profession degrees
- 33 percent of all biological science degrees.
In today’s global economy, the state of Minnesota’s prosperity requires a foundation of individuals well prepared to innovate in the quantitative and technical fields:
- Our economic forecast projects a 20-33 percent increase in scientific and technical occupations in the next ten years.
- New growth in the professional and high-tech industries will demand an extra 10,500 college graduates per year.
The Galileo Scholarship Fund is a pooled scholarship fund supported by businesses, foundations and individuals who believe in investing in the success of students. Gifts, in a variety of sizes, expand access to the quality educational opportunities provided by Minnesota's private colleges and universities.
If you need to update your donor contact information or recurring gift, use our donor self-service portal.