Applications are not accepted for these scholarships. Awards are determined by financial aid officers at each college and university.
The Galileo Scholarship Fund was created to support students who:
- demonstrate financial need
- are studying the STEM disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- GPA 2.5 or higher
- Freshman or Sophomore preferred
Minnesota’s Private Colleges are proud that we award;
- 36 percent of the state’s math and statistics degrees
- 46 percent of all physical science degrees
- 45 percent of all nursing profession degrees
- 37 percent of all biological science degrees.
In today’s global economy, the state of Minnesota’s prosperity requires a foundation of individuals well prepared to innovate in the quantitative and technical fields:
- Our economic forecast projects a 20-33 percent increase in scientific and technical occupations in the next ten years.
- New growth in the professional and high-tech industries will demand an extra 10,500 college graduates per year.