Applications are not accepted for these scholarships. Awards are determined by financial aid officers at each college and university and are awarded to students who meet the criteria listed below.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Studying the STEM disciplines: science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Preferably a freshman or sophomore
Minnesota private colleges award:
- 33 percent of the state’s math and statistics degrees
- 49 percent of all physical science degrees
- 41 percent of all nursing profession degrees
- 32 percent of all biological science degrees.
In today’s global economy, the state of Minnesota’s prosperity requires a foundation of individuals well prepared to innovate in the quantitative and technical fields:
- Our economic forecast projects a 20-33 percent increase in scientific and technical occupations in the next ten years.
- New growth in the professional and high-tech industries will demand an extra 10,500 college graduates per year.
The Galileo Scholarship Fund is a pooled scholarship fund supported by businesses, foundations and individuals who believe in investing in the success of students. Gifts, in a variety of sizes, expand access to the quality educational opportunities provided by Minnesota's private colleges and universities.