Mayo Clinic Ventures
Mayo Clinic Ventures, within the Department of Business Development, works closely with Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists to mine inventions, ideas, and discoveries that will truly transform health care. As a team, their dedicated efforts bring significant financial support to Mayo Clinic's patient care, education and research efforts. They do this by serving as a bridge between discoveries and the marketplace. The Technology Licensing Managers have extensive experience in science, technology based ventures, patent law, product licensing and start-up companies.
Mayo Clinic Ventures:
- Receives more than two new ideas per day
- 45% of technologies licensed (15 year average)
- 7,306 patent filings and 2,424 issued patents
- 3,272 technologies licensed
- Involvement in over 167 start-up companies