Mayo Clinic Ventures
The Mayo Clinic Ventures office works closely with Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists to mine inventions, ideas, and discoveries that will truly transform health care. As a team, their dedicated efforts bring significant financial support to Mayo Clinic's patient care, education and research efforts. They do this by serving as a bridge between discoveries and the marketplace. The Technology Licensing Managers have extensive experience in science, technology based ventures, patent law, product licensing and start-up companies.
Mayo Clinic Ventures:
- Receives more than one idea per business day from Mayo inventors
- Achieved an average success rate of 46% over the last 15 years, expressed as the number of inventions disclosed compared to the number commercialized
- Contributed $148 million net operating income to Mayo Clinic's patient care and education since 1986
- Filed over 3,700 patent applications
- Completed over 1,200 license and option agreements
- Has been involved in 65 start-up companies
Students participating in MISP are also assigned projects from other Mayo Clinic departments, including Global Business Solutions, the Center for Innovation and the College of Medicine.