Ways to promote MPCW
Encourage high school students and parents to include campus visits in their summer plans during Minnesota Private College Week, running June 24-28 in 2019. Our 17 private nonprofit institutions offer short introductory sessions, all five days of the week; students and families can choose to visit any combination of colleges week.
Ideas for sharing information about MPCW at your school
Email, print and websites
- Share information about the event in written materials, newsletters, on Naviance or on school monitors (the posters work well for monitors; contact us if you need a special format).
- Use this link — www.mnprivatecolleges.org/mpcw — in what you share electronically. Here's some sample text and a graphic you can use:
Summer is a good time for soon-to-be juniors and seniors, as well as their families, to begin exploring college options. An easy way to get started is Minnesota Private College Week, running June 24-28.
These introductory visits, which include a campus tour and informational meeting, are of most value to students who are beginning their searches. Sessions are held daily.
View schedule and register online for free at mnprivatecolleges.org/mpcw.
Addition resources that might be useful
- College Guide (order copies or download PDF)
- Infographic poster (order copies or download PDF)
- Undergraduate majors, minors and concentrations poster (order copies or download PDF)
- Admissions brochure (order copies or download PDF)
Make MPCW part of your summer plans
Counselors and other school professionals are also invited to MPCW. What better way to help families with the college search process than to make a few visits yourself? To attend without students, please fill out our online form to register.
Here's what a counselor said about visiting MPCW:
"As a (high school) career center manager, I really enjoy visiting the campus during a student-focused event and hearing the kinds of questions students and parents have. Helps me assist families in the high school. Thanks for the opportunity — very welcoming atmosphere at all of the campuses."
Be sure to check out the resources to help families build a short road trip around campus visits. View the top 10 lists of things to do for each community along with tips on everything from coffee shops to mini golf.
Registration is highly recommended
Please direct students and parents to our registration page (beginning on April 1), where they can choose the sessions they want to attend. Registration helps colleges and universities plan for the right number of visitors.
Although we prefer that students register themselves, counselors can register a group of students who want to visit the campuses:
- ONLINE: You can use our online registration system, which now allows you to register students for visits on different campuses on different days and times. This is the best method for groups of less than 10 students.
- OFFLINE: You can fill out our group visit sign-up sheet and submit it directly to the college you want to visit. This is the best method for groups of 10 or more students.
- ON SITE: Although we prefer that students are pre-registered, your students can register on the day of the event, but you should plan to arrive at least 20 minutes early to allow enough time to register.
Please be sure to read our group visit guidelines, which covers chaperone expectations and grades level restrictions and provides other helpful advice to make your visit go as smoothly as possible for both you and your students.
If your group is large, please contact admission offices ahead of time to make sure the college can accommodate your group.
We have also compiled a list of alternative transportation options for students and families who may not have access to a vehicle.
Other resources for counselors
You can stay in touch with the Minnesota Private College Council year-round by making use of our counselor resources:
Future Minnesota Private College Week dates
- June 22-26, 2020
- June 21-25, 2021
- June 20-24, 2022
- June 26-30, 2023
- June 24-28, 2024
- June 23-27, 2025
- June 22-26, 2026
Return to main page