June 22, 2020 – June 26, 2020
Find out what Minnesota private colleges and universities have to offer!
Come on your own or with your parents. These introductory campus tours and informational meetings can serve as a first step to help you discover just what you’re looking for in a college — especially if you are early in your search. Sessions are held from 9:30 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Central Daylight Saving Time) EXCEPT for the joint sessions held by the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University, which run from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
STEP 2: Decide where you want to visit. View a map to see where our 17 campuses are located around the state. If you're thinking about visiting more than one in the same day, our mileage chart may also be helpful.
STEP 3: Register for free online — and mark your calendars.
Have questions about Minnesota Private College Week? Email us or call 800-774-2655.
Your privacy is important to us! Learn how we use the information you submit.
Attention transfer students: Minnesota Private College Week is mainly geared toward high school students and their parents so it may not provide the answers you need about transferring. Visit our transfer student page to learn more about resources and events geared to your unique needs.
Preparing for your visit
- Review our frequently asked questions.
- Find out how to get to campus and where to park before you head out by reviewing the directions and parking info for each campus. Talk to your friends to see if any are thinking about going to the same campus so you can carpool instead of driving separately. If you don't have access to a car, explore your alternative transportation options.
- Learn more about the communities where our colleges are located and check out our ideas and advice on how to make a road trip out of it.
- Think about questions you'd like to have answered.
- Plan to wear comfortable shoes and clothes and consider bringing umbrella in case it rains (June weather can be unpredictable!) and a reusable water bottle to keep yourself hydrated.
Arriving for your visit
- Watch for Minnesota Private College Week signs to help direct you to parking and the location where the visit begins.
- Arrive a few minutes early, so you can find where to meet and walk around a little on your own. If you're earlier than a few minutes, drive around to see what the surrounding area is like.
During your visit
- Listen to your "gut feelings" about a campus. Are you comfortable there?
- Remember, one visit to a dorm room, lab or classroom or a student guide's experience might not represent the entire campus. If you're still curious, come back during the school year when there are classes in session and students milling around.
After your visit
- Write down your thoughts and feelings. After a few visits, all the campuses might start to blur together; take pictures to remember what you saw.
- If you're intrigued by a school, find out who you can contact about setting up a later visit.
- Complete any surveys offered about your visit. This way, colleges can stay in contact with you about future tours or visits. Plus it will also help us improve the event for next year.