June – Aug. 2022
Well before students can enroll in college, there are summer options at Minnesota’s private colleges. Some are for high schoolers, others for younger kids. Whatever their age, they’ll find new ways to explore existing passions or develop new ones — from sports to music to languages. Some are away camps, others run during the day. There are even virtual options. See for yourself how our colleges are offering something unique, helping teens, tweens and younger kids get more out of summer.
Note: Applications for some camps are due as early as February or March.
Summer camp offerings include:
- athletic programs in football and wrestling
- Augsburg University Youth Theology Institute
- Metro/Augsburg High School Scrubs Day Camp
- Minnesota Debate and Advocacy Workshop
- Minnesota High School Mathematics League
Bethany Lutheran College
Bethany Lutheran College will offer a variety of academic and athletic camps and learning events in 2022. View a list of summer programs.
Summer camp offerings include athletic and academic options.
The Carleton Summer Liberal Arts Institute is an in-person summer learning experience for rising high school juniors and seniors to explore liberal arts and college-level education. Our 2022 program topics include:
College of Saint Benedict
Concordia College, Moorhead
Concordia University, St. Paul
To be determined...
Gustavus Adolphus College
Athletic camps include:
- show basketball and leadership camp
- golf camp
- baseball camp
- gymnastics camp
- soccer camp
- swimming camp
- tennis camp
- volleyball camp
- women's hockey camp
- and more...
Five annual summer camps for high school students are offered:
- Mock Trial Camp
- Numbers Rule Boot Camp
- Young Writers Workshop
- two physics camps—Innovation Camp and Renewable Energy Camp.
Students gain experience in the camp topic, meet peers with similar interests, and sample college life! Registration is limited. Scholarships are available.
- [email protected] (Pre-College Experience at Macalester), is a free residential immersion program designed specifically for Minnesota high school students graduating in 2023 and 2024. Macalester is looking for bright, motivated students from Black, Indigenous, and/or Communities of Color (BIPOC). The program runs from June 15-18
- The Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth (MITY) is offering in-person and virtual academic programs.
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Saint John’s University
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Summer camp offerings for 2022 include:
- men's soccer camp
- men’s and women’s hockey camp
- backyard science camp
St. Catherine University
To be determined...
St. Olaf College
University of St. Thomas
Several journalism camps as well as the Science, Technology, & Engineering Preview Summer (STEPS) Camp for Girls will be offered this summer.
Another summer option is to sign up for introductory campus tours and informational meetings during our annual campus visit event. It's a "no pressure" opportunity to visit campus, ask questions and get a feel for what different private colleges have to offer.