This page is updated in late Jan./early Feb each year for the upcoming summer. Want to be notified when that happens? Sign up here.
Well before students can enroll in college, there are summer options at Minnesota’s private colleges. Some are for high schoolers, others for younger kids. Whatever their age, they’ll find new ways to explore existing passions or develop new ones — from sports to music to languages. Some are away camps, others run during the day. See for yourself how our colleges are offering something unique, helping teens, tweens and younger kids get more out of summer.
Note: Applications for some camps are due as early as February or March.
Summer camp offerings include:
- athletic programs in football and wrestling
- Augsburg University Youth Theology Institute
- Metro/Augsburg High School Scrubs Day Camp
- Minnesota Debate and Advocacy Workshop
- Minnesota High School Mathematics League
Bethany Lutheran College
Bethany will offer a variety of academic and athletic camps in 2023:
- art camp
- basketball camps
- cross country / track & field camp
- engineering and computers camp
- esports camp
- nursing camp
- soccer camp
- tennis camp
- volleyball camps
Summer camp offerings include athletic and academic options.
The Carleton Summer Liberal Arts Institute is an in-person summer learning experience for rising high school juniors and seniors to explore liberal arts and college-level education. Our 2023 program topics include:
College of Saint Benedict
The College of St. Scholastica
St. Scholastica is not holding any programming this summer.
Concordia College, Moorhead
Concordia University, St. Paul
CSP is not holding any programming this summer.
Gustavus Adolphus College
Three physics camps for high school students in 2023:
- High School Innovation Camp
- High School Microscope Adventure Camp
- High School Renewable Energy Camp
- PRE@MAC (Pre-College Experience at Macalester), is a free residential immersion program designed specifically for Minnesota high school students graduating in 2024 and 2025. Macalester is looking for bright, motivated students from Black, Indigenous, and/or Communities of Color (BIPOC). The program runs from June 21-24.
- Macalester Youth Summer Basketball Camp
- Macalester Soccer ID Camp
- Macalester (soccer) Little Scots Day Camp
- Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth (MITY) academic programs
- Nike Volleyball Camp
- iD Tech Camps
- Lavner Tech Camp and STEM Camps
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Saint John’s University
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
St. Catherine University
- Healthcare Math & Science Free Summer Camp (for BIPOC high school women entering their junior or senior year at Central, Cristo Rey, De La Salle, Harding, Highland Park, Hmong College Prep Academy, and South High schools who are interested in healthcare, math and science fields)
- Lead and Influence Summer Camp
- STEM Academy (for middle school girls from the east metro area)
- Summer Fashion Workshop
St. Olaf College
University of Northwestern – St. Paul
University of St. Thomas
Journalism camps of 2023 include:
- Audio Storytelling Camp
- College Essay Boot Camp
- Game Jam Workshop
- News Reporter Academy
- PR & Advertising Workshop
- Radio Broadcast Camp
- TV Broadcast Camp
This flyer provides a quick way to let parents know about the summer enrichment programs for students being offered by our member institutions.
This flyer provides a quick way to let students know about the summer enrichment programs being offered by our member institutions. Download it to post in your school or to distribute it to students.