College is possible
Our 17 colleges are welcoming places for students from diverse backgrounds. And when it comes to the numbers on diversity, here’s how our colleges stack up:
- 26% of first-year U.S. students are students of color or Native American
- 23% of our students are “first-generation,” meaning that neither of their parents completed college.
- Our institutions have the highest graduation rate in the state among students of color.
More facts about diversity.
Learn more about our colleges
Plan a campus visit
Considering attending a visit event in the fall or spring at our campuses or attend Minnesota Private College Week in late June to see several colleges in one week. (Don't have access to a car? Explore your alternative transportation options.)
Benefits of private colleges
Watch this clip from the Paying for Private College video about the benefits of attending our colleges (2:53).
View more Paying for College videos including First in the Family, Spanish, Somali and Hmong versions.
Each of our colleges is unique, but here’s what they have in common:
- Small classes and plenty of opportunities to work closely with faculty create a higher quality academic experience — one that contributes to student success.
- Our colleges nurture a strong sense of community. Students learn plenty outside the classroom, including about their own values. Our colleges make a well-rounded education a reality.
- The knowledge and skills gained at our colleges are exactly what employers seek; a liberal arts education is more relevant than ever in our global economy.
- Thanks to financial aid, the average amount that families actually pay for tuition is about half the posted tuition price. Learn more about our affordability.
Here are some comments from students and alumni:
Mohamed Mohamed ’19
Andrea Valeria Duarte-Alonso ’19
Kevin Xiong ’18
Danielle Odeen ’18
Clay Sletta ’18
Melinda Lambert ’17
David Peterson ’17
Maria Sanchez Lopez ’17
Mai Yang Xiong ’16
Elizabeth Otto ’15
Jocelyne Cardona ’14