- Our focus is on excellence in undergraduate teaching and learning.
- Courses are taught be highly-qualified faculty — 82% of full-time faculty members hold doctorates or other terminal degrees in their field.
- On average there is one professor for every 12 students.
- 61% of classes have fewer than 20 students and 99% of classes have fewer than 50 students.
- Our four-year graduation rate is the highest in the Midwest — higher than the public systems as well as the other states’ nonprofit colleges. (This looks at first-year students and measures the share who stayed at the institution and earned their degrees.)
- Compared to other states’ four-year graduation rates — for both public and private institutions — our rate ranks second nationally.
- Looking at only the students who started and finished at the same institution, 90% of our graduates finish in four years, as opposed to taking longer. At the University of Minnesota 78% of graduates finish in four years and for Minnesota State universities the figure is 56%.
- Low-income students succeed at our institutions. Our share of Pell Grant recipients graduating in four years ranks first nationally when compared to statewide averages for both public and private institutions.
- Our students receive national recognition. In the most recent year, our colleges had 49 students who were named Fulbright Fellows, Goldwater Scholars and Truman Scholars. At the University of Minnesota 14 students received those recognitions.