- 12,200 students of color and Native American students, excluding international students, enroll at Minnesota Private Colleges.
- The share of domestic undergraduates who are students of color and Native American are:
- 23% of all undergrads at Minnesota’s Private Colleges
- 22% of all undergrads at the University of Minnesota
- 21% of all undergrads at Minnesota State Universities
- Enrollment of new first-year students of color and Native American students at Minnesota Private Colleges has more than doubled compared to 10 years ago.
- Our student of color and Native American student four-year graduation rate is the highest in the state, and is higher than the averages for both publics and nonprofits nationwide.
- 54% at Minnesota Private Colleges
- 47% at University of Minnesota
- 12% at Minnesota State universities
- 42% at private nonprofit colleges nationwide
- 28% at public institutions nationwide
- Looking at students of color and Native American students who earn bachelor’s degrees from Minnesota institutions, 29% do so at our institutions. And 44% of students of color and Native American students who earn master’s degrees in Minnesota do so at our institutions.
- 47% of our graduates with bachelor’s degrees in STEM fields are women, compared to 36% at the University of Minnesota and 31% at Minnesota State Universities.