- 11,400 undergraduate and graduate students of color, excluding international students, enroll at Minnesota’s Private Colleges.
- The share of undergrads who are students of color has been increasing across higher education. Domestic undergrad students of color are:
- 21% of all undergrads at Minnesota’s Private Colleges
- 21% of all undergrads at the University of Minnesota
- 19% of all undergrads at Minnesota State Universities
- Enrollment of new first-year students of color at Minnesota Private Colleges has more than doubled compared to 10 years ago.
- In fall 2017, 25% of new freshmen were students of color, up from 12% in fall 2007. (For comparison, 22% of 2016-17 Minnesota high school graduates were students of color.)
- As for degrees granted, our institutions graduate 29% of Minnesota’s baccalaureates of color. And 44% of students of color who earn master’s degrees in Minnesota do so at our institutions.
- 47% of our graduates with bachelor’s degrees in STEM fields are women, compared to 36% at the University of Minnesota and 31% at Minnesota State Universities.